Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer break is over when........

....you're not snuggling with your grandkids of a morning as they wait for their papa to make his world renowned pancakes.
.....you're not sitting on your porch swing till 10 at night watching the sun go down......with a glass of something in your hand you won't find in Saudi!!!
...... you're not sitting on the deck eating newly caught crab from Bellingham Bay with neighbors you miss.
.......you're not riding your bike at Whistler and being confronted by a bear!!!
........you're not spending hours at the NW Washington Fair with the 3 little ones you love so much it hurts.
......you're not riding the zipline at Whistler, British Columbia,or eating biscuits at Cracker Barrel in Knoxville (editor's note.....Dave did the zipline I did the biscuits!)
..........................................oh enough already....I'm depressing myself !

I'm so grateful for the blessing of summer memories, but excited for what lies ahead, in the months ahead, in this land of sand,heat and camels......yes,we're back.....good bye summer, see you next year!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! I'm "following" you now so I can keep up with your adventures. Great "seeing" you thru the computer at Mama Murphy's... take care and stay cool! : )
    ~Cyndi

    Our blog is meanderingmurphys.blogspot.com
    BTW, we watched Australia Socceroos in Brizzie last week... today the 'Roos play in Saudi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following you now, also. Glad you made it to your "home" away from home! We are now HOME in Kansas, having sold our house and been there a week and a half ago to pack it all up. So across the miles, knowing our paths may not cross on this earth again, I think of you both and pray for you that God will hold you close in all that you do. Blessings, my friend....Christy

    ReplyDelete