Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Dilemma!

On arriving in hot and steamy Bahrain a few nights ago,the vehicle we had requested for transport across the causeway to Saudi Arabia was not available....thus the dilemma!

How to fit 4 HUGE suitcases,1 SUPERHUGE golf bag,complete with everything a man could need in the pursuit of becoming a champion golfer.....don't get me started!!! !!!!
Plus....2 maximum sized carry-on bags,a computer bag...and don't forget my travelling bag, with a sizeable quantity of newly purchased Cadbury chocolate from London.....oh yes,and 2 exhausted,less than happy passengers.....and the driver.....in a less than adequately sized vehicle!
Well,they say a picture says it all.....except I look calm and happy.....don't be fooled !!!

Believe it or not it worked, after much consultation between the driver,airport staff,us, and interested onlookers.
At one point the vehicle was moved into the exit lane of the airport so all doors could be opened....simultaneously,to assess the various logistic possibilities,blocking passing traffic.
Fortunately I was too tired to be embarrassed,despite having an area of about 6 inches to sit.....and just munched on my chocolates and checked my email, as the mayhem played out around me
....and who said this expat life is easy ? !.

No comments:

Post a Comment